Your Guide to THON 2017
We're just hours away, Happy Valley! THON 2017 kicks off this Friday evening. Whether you're coming to town to support a dancer you know or cheering on THON from home, here's everything you need to know for the weekend.
Where: Bryce Jordan Center
Doors open: Friday, February 17 at 4 p.m.
THON starts: Friday, February 17 at 6 p.m.
THON ends: Sunday, February 19 at 4 p.m.
How to Attend
- General spectators can attend THON, and it is a non-ticketed event—just come prepared to wait!
- Spectators usually begin entering the BJC between 60 to 90 minutes after doors open.
- Spectators can enter through Gates A and B, and the line to enter will run down Curtin Road, toward Porter Road.
- Spectators will be given digitally-coded bracelets that permit them to enter. When the BJC is full, you will be placed in a digital queue.
- All spectators will be subject to a security check, including bag check.
- Once you've left the building, your bracelet is no longer valid, and you must get a new one if you reenter.
- THON will release updates on spectator capacity and digital queue numbers every hour at www.thon.org/TWupdates, and on Twitter at @EventSafety_FTK and @THON
How to Support from Home
There's plenty you can do to support THON if you won't be attending.
- Donate to THON here. You can make either a general donation or a donation that credits a specific organization or dancer.
- Follow @THON and other Penn State accounts on Twitter for live updates all weekend—it's the closest thing to feeling like you're there!
- Spread the word about THON and how to donate on your own social media and to your family and friends. THON is a team effort, and we're all in it together to fight childhood cancer!
For complete details about THON weekend, visit www.thon.org.